Hacktoberfest is one of our favorite events of the year, which is why we’re back for more! If you’re unfamiliar with the event, the tl;dr is that you can win cash prizes by closing out Covalent issues – all month long. This is our chance to both reward active members of our community and invite new members to join in! Keep on reading to learn more.
What is Covalent?
Covalent is a Pythonic workflow orchestration platform that makes it dead simple for users to scale complex AI/ML workloads from their laptop to any cloud / compute backend. Covalent lets users focus on what they do best—coding, experimenting, and innovating—without the burden of managing operational complexity.
Anyone with an interest in either cloud computing, AI & Machine Learning, quantum computing, or general high performance computing should consider contributing to Covalent. Learn more by reading through the Covalent basics here.
How do I Participate?
- Sign up on the official Hacktoberfest website any time between now and October 31st, 2023
- Visit the Covalent GitHub repository and browse issues tagged with the Hacktoberfest tag
- Carefully read through and adhere to our Code of Conduct and Contribution Guidelines
- Reference the issue link in the PRs you’re working on and add “Hacktoberfest” somewhere in the title of your PR
- Fill out the following form to claim your prizes on or before October 31st, 2023
- Star the Covalent GitHub repository ⭐
- Receive prizes for your accepted/merged issues with Hacktoberfest tag on them (details below)
- Optional: Join the #hacktoberfest2023 channel in the Covalent Slack
What are the prizes?
This year we’ll be rewarding participants with cash prizes. The amount of the cash prize is based on the level of difficulty of the merged PR, as indicated on the issue itself. See the table below for details.
|Difficulty-level||Cash Prize (per merged PR)*|
|1 – Beginner||$25|
|2 – Intermediate||$50|
|3 – Expert||$100|
* all prizes are in USD
Resources to get started:
- Covalent documentation
- How-to guides
- Slack channel (easiest way to get in touch with the Covalent team)
We look forward to reviewing your PRs. Happy hacking!